Guiding Principle Statement
MCRS Property Management as a company, and every MCRS Team member, will respect the client and the public in the delivery of our services and services which we deliver on behalf of our clients. Both the company and individuals who deal with the public on behalf of the company will be guided by, and will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the practices established for Accessibility Standards for Customer Service will be consistent with, the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
MCRS Property Management has put in place a plan that identifies the services and the goods we provide, to clients and to the public on behalf of our clients, and outlines how we as a firm will adapt when requested to provide those goods or services to people with disabilities. MCRS Property Management will make its policies, practices and procedures and its Plan under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service Regulation available to the public and will offer this document in accessible formats if requested taking into account a person’s disability.
In order to facilitate the delivery of goods and services from MCRS Property Management we must first identify many of the daily, periodic and routine services which we provide as well to both clients and the public in the course of our operations.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
- Property Management –
- The daily operation of property,
- supervision of staff and employees of our clients,
- supervision of contractors periodically visiting the property,
- planning of preventive maintenance programs,
- selection of contractors servicing the property,
- inspection of contractor’s work following completion,
- advising boards on necessary repairs,
- inspecting property for condition and safety hazards,
- advice and selection of consultants to the Board,
- advice and input on Reserve Fund expenditures for repair or replacement of property
- Financial Services –
- preparation of unaudited interim financial statements,
- communication with owners,
- security of client funds,
- negotiation of banking services,
- placement of liens,
- processing accounts payable for contractors and service providers of clients,
- processing accounts receivable from unit owners of clients
- Property Management –
- Status Certificates,
- Management Reports,
- Notices legally required by the Condominium Act (notices of meeting, notice of AGM etc.)
- Notices of Lien
- Financial Services –
- Unaudited interim financial statements
We have identified the following potential barriers to our services and goods, and the practices and procedures to be followed in order to be consistent with the four principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
MCRS Property Management will consider a person’s disability when communicating with them.
In order to adequately prepare to meet the public’s needs as quickly and seamlessly as possible when these services are requested the following policies are implemented.
As outlined above the goods which we produce on behalf of our clients are primarily informative and communicative in nature and the key barriers to accessibility of these goods are anticipated to be visual impairment or hearing impairment obstructing the flow of information from MCRS Property Management to members of the public, clients or owners.
- Training and education on the necessary methods of communication that an individual requires in compliance with this policy shall be provided by MCRS Property Management.
- MCRS Property Management recognizes that some individuals require the service of a translator or interpreter (in the case of a hearing-impaired person) to facilitate communication, and while we cannot provide this service, the use of this type of service will be deemed a support person and will be accommodated in a reasonable manner.
- MCRS Property Management will electronically send copies of all communications to any individual who expresses a need for this type of service to utilize an assistive device to accommodate a visual or medical disability which would prevent them from receiving the full benefit from traditional written materials, and who provides their acceptance to receive communication in an electronic format.
- MCRS Property Management will communicate with individuals who demonstrate a need for receiving verbal communication exclusively by attempting direct contact or by forwarding to an electronic address a digital file containing the information contained in any required written communications.
MCRS Property Management has a policy of making all possible accommodations in the Workplace for employees in the performance of their jobs.
MCRS Property Management will make every effort to accommodate the public in ensuring access to all services and goods available through our Head-Office.
Where MCRS Property Management is made aware of a barrier to accessibility which cannot be removed or overcome in a timely and efficient manner to provide access to the services which we provide, MCRS Property Management commits to make every reasonable effort to make the service available in an alternate location.
Service Animals and Support Persons
MCRS Property Management will not prohibit service animals or support persons from our office locations. It is expected that service animals are trained and well-behaved, in particular with other customers and staff. With the approval of any member of the public accessing the services which we provide MCRS will utilize the services of a support person to improve or enhance the delivery of our services.
Interruption of Services
Periodic interruption in the availability of services designed to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities may be required. When an interruption in services does occur, MCRS Property Management will provide information via our corporate website and social media page(s), which are available to the public.
Customer Service Training
MCRS Property Management will provide training designed to meet the required standards as part of the Team Member on-Boarding process performed with all new employees of MCRS Property Management [and other persons who interact with the public or other third parties on behalf of MCRS Property Management, or are involved in developing policies, practices and procedures on the provision of our goods or services].
A record of the training will be kept in the employee’s personnel file and a review of the contents of the training will be available to any employee of MCRS Property Management who requests it.
Following the initial implementation of the Accessible Customer Service Plan for MCRS Property Management the entire company will be provided training on the content of the Plan and the policies of MCRS Property Management.
MCRS Property Management welcomes suggestions and comments on how we can better improve the delivery of our services.
Our Head office contact information is publicized on our corporate website at www.mymcrs.com and any comments, complaints or suggestions regarding how we comply with the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service under the AODA will be directed to:
Debbie Dale, President
MCRS Property Management (1020649 Ontario Inc.)
9-133 Highway 60