On Thursday, May 14, 2020, we received confirmation from the Office of the Premier of Ontario that as of 12:01 AM on Saturday, May 16, 2020, marinas, boat clubs and public boat launches may open for recreational use. The Declaration of Emergency was also extended this week until at least June 2nd, so Ontarians are being encouraged to remain vigilant should they be heading lakeside over the coming weeks.
Things are still not “back to normal”, which means the usual rules apply:
- You need to limit the people aboard (gatherings of more than 5 remain prohibited);
- You must ensure you maintain a safe distance from others when doing things like loading up at the marina or fueling the boat;
- After doing anything that requires touching an item someone else may have touched, like a railing or a fuel pump, disinfect by washing your hands or using a hand sanitizer as soon as possible.
In addition, docks at condominiums present a unique challenge as they are shared by multiple families, and hence special consideration must be afforded when traversing the docks.
Please take consideration to ensure as follows:
- If you see others walking on the docks in your direction and can remain where you are and allow them to safely pass at a distance, please do so – your patience is sincerely appreciated;
- Non-essential visitors remain discouraged for the time being – we look forward to a community dock party as soon as is permitted! But for now, we must remain cognizant of social guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19;
- If you are sitting on the docks, please leave room for others to safely pass;
Thank you all for your consideration of your community during these unprecedented times!